The world is currently suffering from energy and fuel crisis. Fossil fuels are incessantly depleting and so energy bills are soaring higher and higher. Many homeowners and establishments are now complaining about their huge expenses. But did you know that there is an answer to the crisis and it has long been available to man. However, because of its inefficiency, it is not recognized as a viable solution. Solar energy is free but the cost of generating it is a bit expensive. With the vast improvements in technology, there are now more affordable options for those who want to use solar energy to supply power in their homes and offices.
Today, you can find a lot of manufacturers that market solar power kits. How effective are these power kits anyway? Many households are now utilizing the kits because they are efficient and convenient in generating the needed power from sunlight.
Battery chargers that are powered by solar energy are now widely available. Now, you don’t need to rely fully on conventional electricity to power electrical devices. If you install the right size solar panel, you may be able to decrease your dependence on conventional energy sources. The energy from the sun is free and you will simply need to invest on the kit for a good power system.
People usually think that without sunlight, power can’t be generated. The power kits are not only designed to capture the sun’s energy but also to store the energy as well. During sunny weather, energy from the sun is converted into electricity and those that are not consumed will be stored. The stored energy can now be used at night or during unpleasant weather.
With portable chargers, you won’t be able to get enough power. You can only use them for recharging small electric devices and batter packs. Cellular phones can be charged using the portable solar power chargers. The power is easily drained out and so it’s not a very efficient source of energy. Despite the shortcomings of these devices, it would help if you still have them around. Who knows… a few years from now, researchers and scientists may be able to make a major breakthrough in solar power.
Since the power kits are affordable, a lot of people are now using them. A solar panel usually has one charger where you will plug the equipment. The solar chargers are very useful and you can carry them even in your hiking trips. Just place them on your car’s dashboard where sunlight is accessible.
The portable chargers or solar panels can be mounted in the rooftop to get a lot of sunlight. The large panels are still expensive and not many people can afford to buy one. However, governments can subsidize the investment to set up the power system. If you live in a place where the government offers subsidies, grants, and loans for the use of solar power, you’re quite lucky. Take advantage of it so that you can now use free energy. Tax incentives are even offered in some places to encourage residents to go for solar power.
If you’re still not sure about the efficiency of solar power, you can start by using a power kit. You can get the kit for as low as $200 to $300. Try it now and expand the system later on.
Don Quijote might have difficulty tilting at the huge, modern windmills responsible for harnessing wind energy and converting it into electricity. And, present-day windmills certainly aren`t as appealing to the eye as the picturesque, black-and-white structures of Cervante`s day.
But, unappealing as they may look, they are, in fact, the fastest-growing form of energy generators in the World, and help resolve one of mankind`s most serious problems: that of finding environmentally-friendly and renewable fuel sources to meet our increasingly high energy demands.
So, let`s take a closer look at wind power and its advantages, plus any disadvantages it may have.
1. Clean and Renewable. The fossil fuels of coal, oil and gas harm our environment by contributing carbon dioxide to the atmosphere. They are also unsustainable, meaning that they`ll run out one day. Wind, on the other hand, will always be around, and it won`t pollute the atmosphere.
2. Cost Effective. Energy created by wind turbines used to cost more than that created by fossil fuels. But, larger blades have cut the costs, making them equal to fossil fuels. What`s more, as technology advances, costs should be even further reduced.
3. Quick To Set Up. Once a suitable site has been chosen and the appropriate permission granted, wind farms take very little time to actually build.
4. Land Still Usable. The land surrounding the wind turbines can also be used for other purposes, such as agriculture.
However, as with everything, drawbacks always exist.
1. Unsightly. Most people would agree that the idea of using wind power is a good one. But, in practise, very few want these large, unappealing constructions in their vicinity.
2. Noisy. The turbine blades also make quite a lot of noise.
3. Harmful To Wildlife. Wind turbines can be hazardous to creatures that fly, such as birds.
Although there are drawbacks, remedies for them are constantly being studied, improvements made, and new blades invented to render the process more cost-effective.
The World is in desperate need of good alternative sources of power, to enable us to end our long-standing dependence on fossil fuels. Wind energy is an excellent option.