Do you have high electricity bills? Are you confused as to how to decrease your bills? Are you planning to cut your energy consumption, but do not know how? Read this article to gain insights and tips on how to conserve electricity.
Home improvement is not only limited to remodeling and refurbishing your home, but it also includes ways of securing your home, saving energy and doing repairs.
With the onset of recession and the unstable economy we have, everyone is looking for ways to save money and energy conservation is no exemption. With the increasing bills, utilities and taxes, it is vital for us to look for means to save money within our home. It is not enough that we cut down our expenses, but we must also do something to reduce our energy consumption at home.
Energy conservation is not only advantageous to your family, but it can also reduce the carbon dioxide emission and preserve the environment. Furthermore, conservation of energy is not only about minimizing the use of natural resources, but it also prevents damage to the planet we live in. According to scientists, if we do not do something about the rising use of oil and natural resources, our natural fuels will be exhausted 60 or more years from now.
Tips on how to conserve energy:
1. If you have electric clothes dryer at home, avoid using it and hang your clothes outside for several minutes to dry them. Even though electric clothes dryer is an efficient appliance in drying your clothes, it consumes much electricity.
2. During summertime, you should minimize your air conditioner usage because it consumes twice as much electricity during cold weather. You should cut down costs by properly sealing your doors and windows when you use the air conditioner to make sure that the air will not go out of the room.
3. You should unplug any unused appliances because even if they are turned off, they are constantly using energy once they are still plugged. You can use power strip or extension cords with switch so it can be turned off when not in use.
4. Make sure that the appliances you used are the latest model and are energy efficient, otherwise get rid of them and buy those with are more efficient and has at least one energy star rating.
5. When you are done using your personal computer, avoid turning it to sleep mode because the power is still running and continuously using electricity, thus, make sure to shut it down or log it off.
6. Since your bathroom is one area of the house that used up lots of electricity by using showers, faucets and hair dryers, you should ensure that your turned these appliances off and pull its plug to save energy.
With these simple energy saving tips, you can reduce your electricity bills and help the environment as well. Moreover, by following the suggestions above, you will be surprised to know how much energy you conserve and how much money you can save.