Urban wind turbines are wind energy devices used in cities. Typically, they will be found on roofs and not mounted on towers high up in the atmosphere. Towers are expensive and it is just much cheaper to flush-mount a wind turbine on a roof. It is just much easier to install a wind turbine on a roof than almost anywhere else.
While they do requires some finesse because of the stresses that they put on the underlying roof system, for the most part the stresses can be compensated for through the design of the wind turbine and the type of wind turbine you put up. That makes the roof a powerful place from which to generate electricity you need for your home. These are the 3 reasons urban wind turbines are the best path for us to aggressively pursue in dealing with the paucity of energy stores we will be experiencing very soon…
Wind offers a perpetual source of power – This is the beauty of wind power in general. It never goes away and will supply you with energy for as long as you own the device. There is no other energy source other than a renewable one that will do this. So, once you begin with wind energy and have a system set up where you can take into account the vagaries and quixotic nature of when the wind blows, you are creating a perpetual source of power for your home that will never go away.
Roofs will go underutilized otherwise – The roofs in large cities are largely vacant now. The only apparatus is located on an urban roof now is microwave or cell phone towers or maybe even a radio station tower. So there is enormous opportunity to install flush-mounted wind turbine kits that will allow you to power the building or house that you are in.
Urban wind turbines are more flexible than other renewable energy systems – Solar power is very interesting and can be very compelling depending on where you are located. However, it is quite sensitive to the angle at which you install it and if there is cloud cover, of course, there will be no solar power for that day. Wind turbine systems are more flexible and can be moved to take advantage of the maximum wind any particular point on a given roof and the city.
In summary, urban wind turbines are the way of the future. The roofs in urban settings are underutilized now and contain a veritable storehouse of energy waiting to be harvested.
By Roger Brown
The Netherlands’ largest near shore wind power plant Westermeerwind is to be erected in lake IJssel along the dikes of the Dutch municipality of Noordoostpolder. The 48 Siemens wind turbines will supply approximately 160,000 Dutch homes with climate-friendly electric power. The project will thereby significantly contribute to the Netherlands reaching their climate-protection targets. Within the framework of a 15-year comprehensive maintenance contract, the owner will benefit from Siemens’ guaranteed availability.
Mankind In all his wisdom has fallen short once again. And how did we do this?
We created electricity, possibly one of the greatest inventions in man kind’s history.
Our greatest invention is turning out to be one of our greatest headaches.
The shortage of power, the rapid consumption of non-renewable energy, the ever-increasing demand for power supply, the daily warnings about our environment are enough signs to tell us that it’s time we do something. So what do we do? First, we need to become educated on the subject. What are the different ways of producing electricity? I think that’s the first place we should start.
The two most common forms of producing electricity that’s free and wont hurt the environment is Solar Power and wind Power generation.
1. Solar power or a solar home lighting system converts solar energy into electrical energy for your home. This is done via cells that are charged with solar energy.
2. A typical wind power system comprises of a tower and five blades to churn out wind energy.
Advantages of using Solar or Wind Power
• Reduced dependability on exhausting resources: Who wants to depend on public utilities all the time? Living off the grid helps you rely only on your resources and not the ones supplied by governments or corporations. .
• Freedom of usage of naturally available resources: How would you feel when you don’t have to pay for the power you use? Wouldn’t it be delightful to use as much power as you want without worrying about the electricity meter? The Solar solutions and the Wind power solutions are the answers to your power quest (well, literally!).
• Reduced power costs, helping save your money: The alternate power solutions give you a return on investment very soon, thus making the power supply to your home eventually free!
• Making way for a healthier environment. Cut down on the usage of non-renewable sources of energy. There is a great feeling you get when you produce energy that is
Clean, efficient and free.
If you are thinking it is not very feasible to live off the grid, look for alternate power solutions and you will be surprised to learn that they are not only cost-effective but also extremely feasible.